· Construction was completed in January 1964. The facility consisted of a one-mile oval and a 2.5-mile road course.
· Alan Kulwicki won the first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Phoenix on Nov. 6, 1988.
· The first spring race was held on April 23, 2005 and was also the first night race, which was won by Kurt Busch.
· The track underwent its first repave in 2011. The construction began in March and concluded in September of that year.
· The following changes were made during the construction period (March – Sept. 2011):
o Widened the frontstretch from 52 to 62 feet and reconfigured pit road with the installation of concrete pit stalls
o Pushed the dog-leg curve between Turn 2 and Turn 3 out 95 feet and tightened the turn radius of the dog-leg from 800 to 500 feet
o Implemented banking, including 11-degree banking between Turn 1 and Turn 2; 10-11-degree banking in the apex of the dog-leg; and 9-degree banking in Turns 3 and 4.
· Following the 2017 season, the track was renamed from Phoenix Raceway to ISM Raceway.
· ISM Raceway under went reconstruction following the Spring race of 2018, with many new fan amenities added to the track, as well as the track itself being reconfigured so that the start/finish line is now just before the dog leg.
· There have been 45 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at ISM Raceway, one per season from 1988-2004 and two each season since.
ISM Raceway Data
Season Race #: 04 of 36 (03-10-19)
Track Size: 1-mile
Banking/Turn 1 & 2: 9 degrees
Banking/Turn 3 & 4: 11 degrees
Banking/Frontstretch: 3 degrees
Banking/Backstretch: 9 degrees
Race Length: 312 laps / 500 Kilometers
Stage 1 & 2 Length: 75 laps (each)
Final Stage Length: 162 laps
ISM Raceway Race Data:
Track race record:
Tony Stewart, Pontiac
118.132 mph, (02:38:28), 11-07-99
2018 race winner:
Kevin Harvick, Ford
108.073 mph, (02:53:13), 03-11-18
ISM Raceway Qualifying Data:
Track Qualifying record:
Jimmie Johnson, Chevrolet
143.158 mph, 25.147 secs. 11-13-15
2018 Pole winner:
Martin Truex Jr., Toyota
136.945 mph, 26.288 secs. 03-09-18
· In total 218 different drivers have competed in at least one Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at ISM Raceway; 162 have competed in more than one.
· NASCAR Hall of Famers Mark Martin and Jeff Gordon lead the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in starts at ISM Raceway with 34 each.
· Ryan Newman leads all active drivers in the Monster Energy Series in start at Ism Raceway with 31.
· Chase Elliott (six starts) and Kyle Larson (10 starts) lead all active drivers in the series in average starting position at ISM Raceway with a 6.0.
· There have been 24 different Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Busch Pole Award winners at ISM Raceway.
· Ryan Newman leads the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in poles at ISM Raceway with four (2002, 2003, 2004 and 2008).
· Geoffrey Bodine won the first Monster Energy Series Busch Pole Award at ISM Raceway in 1988 at a speed of 123.203 mph (29.220 secs.) in a Chevrolet.
· Youngest ISM Raceway pole winner: Kyle Busch (April 22, 2006 – 20 years, 11 months, 20 days).
· Oldest ISM Raceway pole winner: Mark Martin (March 3, 2013 – 54 years, 1 month, 22 days).
· Ryan Newman, Jeff Gordon and Carl Edwards are the only drivers to win consecutive poles at ISM Raceway. Newman won three-straight (2002-04), Gordon won in the Fall of 2006 and the Spring of 2007. Edwards won in the Fall of 2010 and Spring of 2011.
· Four drivers have won their first career MENCS pole at ISM Raceway: Casey Atwood (October 2001), Denny Hamlin (November 2005), AJ Allmendinger (April 2010) and Alex Bowman (November 2016).
· A total of 24 different Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers have won at ISM Raceway.
· Kevin Harvick leads the series in wins at ISM Raceway with nine victories (2006 sweep, 2012 Playoff race, 2013 Playoff race, 2014 sweep, 2015 Spring race, 2016 Spring race, 2018 Spring race).
· 10 drivers have multiple wins at ISM Raceway: Kevin Harvick leads the series in wins with eight followed by Jimmie Johnson (four), Dale Earnhardt Jr. (three), Davey Allison (two), Jeff Burton (two), Jeff Gordon (two) Carl Edwards (two), Mark Martin (two), Matt Kenseth (two) and Ryan Newman (two).
· Of the 10 drivers with multiple wins at ISM Raceway, Mark Martin is the only driver to win in two different manufacturers: Ford (1993) and Chevrolet (2009).
· Five drivers have won consecutive races at ISM Raceway: Davey Allison(1991,1992); Jeff Burton (2000, 2001); Dale Earnhardt Jr. (2003, 2004); Kevin Harvick (swept 2006, then 2013 Playoff race, swept 2014 and 2015 spring race); Jimmie Johnson (fall race of 2007, swept 2008).
· Hendrick Motorsports leads the series in wins at ISM Raceway with 10, followed by Roush Fenway Racing with seven.
· Alan Kulwicki (11/6/1988) and Bobby Hamilton (10/27/1996) are the only two drivers to post their first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series career win at ISM Raceway.
· 22 of the 24 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers who have won at ISM Raceway participated in at least two or more races before visiting Victory Lane. Alan Kulwicki (11/6/1988) and Tony Stewart (11/7/1999) are the only two drivers to win at ISM Raceway in their first appearance.
· Jeff Gordon and Joey Logano competed at ISM Raceway 16 times before winning; the longest span of any the 24 winners.
· Six drivers have made 10 or more attempts before their first win at ISM Raceway: Jeff Gordon (16), Joey Logano (16), Ryan Newman (15), Kasey Kahne (14), Denny Hamlin (13), Carl Edwards (12) and Rusty Wallace (11).
· Jamie McMurray leads the series (active drivers) with the most Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starts at ISM Raceway without visiting Victory Lane with 29 starts.
· Youngest Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series ISM Raceway winner: Kyle Busch (November 13, 2005 – 20 years, 6 months, 11 days).
· Oldest Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series ISM Raceway winner: Mark Martin (April 18, 2009 – 50 years, 3 months, 9 days).
· Five of the 45 (11.1%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at ISM Raceway have been won from the pole: Jeff Gordon (Spring race of 2007), Jimmie Johnson (Playoff race of 2008), Mark Martin (Spring race of 2009), Carl Edwards (Playoff race of 2010) and Kevin Harvick (Spring race of 2015).
· Eight of the 45 (17.8%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at ISM Raceway have been won from the front row: five from the pole and three from second starting position.
· Ricky Rudd won the 1995 ISM Raceway race from the 29th-place starting position, the furthest back a Monster Energy Series race winner has started at the 1-mile raceway.
· Kevin Harvick became the ninth different driver to have won nine or more times at a single track when he won last season at ISM Raceway. Now he can attempt to become just the sixth driver to win 10 or more races at a single track with a win this weekend:
Additional Finishing Positions
· A total of 28 different Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers have finished runner-up at ISM Raceway.
· NASCAR Hall of Famer Mark Martin leads the series in runner-up finishes at ISM Raceway with five second-place finishes.
· Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Busch lead all active series drivers with three second-place finishes each.
· A total of 50 different drivers in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series have finished inside the top-five at ISM Raceway.
· Kevin Harvick leads the series in top-five finishes at ISM Raceway with 16 top-fives.
· A total of 83 different drivers in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series have finished inside the top-10 at ISM Raceway.
· Jeff Gordon leads the series in top-10 finishes at ISM Raceway with 24.
· Kevin Harvick leads all active series drivers in top-10 finishes at ISM Raceway with 21
· Alan Kulwicki (five starts) leads the series in average finishing position at ISM Raceway with a 5.2.
· Kevin Harvick (32 starts) leads all active drivers in average finishing position at ISM Raceway with a 9.3.
· Kevin Harvick (9.3) and Chase Elliott (9.5) are the only two active drivers with average finishes inside the top-10 at ISM Raceway.
· Qualifying has never been cancelled due to weather at ISM Raceway.
· Seven of the 45 races at ISM Raceway seven have ended with NASCAR Overtime: