· Construction began on what was then known as the Alabama International Motor Speedway on May 23, 1968.
· The first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Talladega was held on Sept. 14, 1969 – won by Richard Brickhouse (Dodge).
· The name changed to Talladega Superspeedway in 1989.
· Fourth repaving completed on Sept. 19, 2006.
· There have been 97 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Talladega Superspeedway, one MENCS event in 1969, and two races per year since 1970.
· 453 drivers have competed in at least one Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Talladega; 314 in more than one.
· Dave Marcis and Terry Labonte lead the series in starts at Talladega with 61 starts each.
· Kevin Harvick and Kurt Busch lead all active drivers in starts at Talladega with 34 each; followed by Jimmie Johnson and Ryan Newman with 32 each.
· Bobby Isaac (eight starts) leads the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in average starting position at Talladega with a 3.625.
· Chase Elliott (four starts) leads all active drivers in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in average starting position at Talladega with a 3.750.
· A total of 69 drivers have made their first series start at Talladega; Ryan Reed (10/23/2016) and Jamie McMurray (10/06/2002) are the only two active drivers to make their series debut at Talladega Superspeedway.
· Bobby Isaac won the inaugural Busch Pole Award at Talladega in 1969 with a speed of 199.466 mph. In fact, Isaac won the first three poles at the 2.66-mile superspeedway.
· 42 different drivers have won at least one Busch Pole Award at Talladega Superspeedway, led by NASCAR Hall of Famer Bill Elliott with eight poles (1985 sweep, 1986 sweep, 1987 sweep, spring 1990 and fall 1993).
· Elliott Sadler leads all active drivers in Busch Pole Awards at Talladega with three (2003, 2005, 2006).
· Six active drivers are tied for the second-most poles at Talladega with one each – Martin Truex Jr., Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick, Kasey Kahne, Chase Elliott and Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
· 11 drivers have won consecutive Busch Pole Awards at Talladega. Bill Elliott holds the record for most consecutive poles at Talladega with six straight from 1985 - 1987.
· Youngest Talladega pole winner: Chase Elliott (05/01/2016 – 20 years, 5 months, 3 days).
· Oldest Talladega pole winner: Mark Martin (10/23/2011 – 52 years, 9 months, 14 days).
· Six drivers have posted their first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Busch pole at Talladega - Brian Scott (05/04/2014); Juan Pablo Montoya (04/26/2009), Travis Kvapil (10/5/2008), David Gilliland (10/8/2006), Stacy Compton (04/22/2001) and Jeremy Mayfield (07/28/1996).
· 46 different Monster Energy Series drivers have won at Talladega Superspeedway, led by Dale Earnhardt with 10 victories.
· Brad Keselowski leads all active Monster Energy Series drivers with five wins; followed by Joey Logano, Jamie McMurray, Clint Bowyer and Jimmie Johnson with two wins each.
· Richard Childress Racing and Hendrick Motorsports are tied for the most wins at Talladega in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series with 12 each.
· Nine different manufacturers have won in the MENCS at Talladega; led by Chevrolet with 40 victories; followed by Ford with 26 and Toyota with three.
· The outside front row (second-place) starting position is the most proficient starting position in the field, producing more winners (20) than any other starting position at Talladega.
· The deepest in the field that a race winner has started at Talladega is 36th, by Jeff Gordon in the 2000 spring race.
· The deepest in the field that an active race winner has started at Talladega is 34th, by Denny Hamlin in the 2014 spring race.
· Youngest Talladega winner: Bobby Hillin Jr. (07/27/1986 – 22 years, 1 month, 22 days).
· Oldest Talladega winner: Harry Gant (05/06/1991 – 51 years, 3 months, 26 days).
· A total of 11 drivers have won their first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Talladega – Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (5/7/2017), Brad Keselowski (04/26/2009), Brian Vickers (10/08/2006), Ken Schrader (07/31/1988), Phil Parsons (05/01/1988), Davey Allison (04/30/1987), Bobby Hillin Jr. (07/27/1986), Ron Bouchard (08021981), Lennie Pond (08/06/1978), Dick Brooks (08/12/1973) and Richard Brickhouse (09/14/1969).
· Kevin Harvick (18), and David Ragan (12) both made 10 or more attempts before their first win at Talladega.
· Kurt Busch leads the series among active drivers with the most Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starts at Talladega without visiting Victory Lane at 34; followed by Ryan Newman with 32.
Additional Finishing Positions
· Buddy Baker and Tony Stewart are tied for the series-most runner-up finishes at Talladega with six each.
· Jimmie Johnson and Kevin Harvick lead all active drivers with three runner-ups each.
· NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Earnhardt leads the series in top-five finishes at Talladega with 23.
· Jamie McMurray leads all active drivers in top fives at Talladega with eight.
· Dale Earnhardt leads the series in top-10
· finishes at Talladega with 27.
· Kurt Busch leads all active drivers in top 10s at Talladega with 18.
· Pete Hamilton (five starts) leads the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in average finishing position at Talladega with a 5.600.
· Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (nine starts) leads all active drivers in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in average finishing position at Talladega with a 10.375.